Truffle Grilled Cheese
When I bought (non spon) the Truffle Tapenade from Urbani at the supermarket, I wanted to use it in a pasta dish. Actually, I wanted to make Ravioli, which I’ll probably do soon as well. But I was also craving something cheesy and didn’t felt like slaving in the kitchen. So, as I was staring at that Truffle Tapenade, I thought to myself, why not go with the flow and make yourself a grilled cheese first! And that’s what I did. Also, if you’re like me and living on your own and don’t feel like getting groceries all the time, do keep a little stash of your faves in the freezer
For example, whenever I buy some sourdough bread, I stash a few slices in my freezer because I can never finish it. Plus, I don’t like to eat bread after two days (I know, call me weird…) so keeping it in the freezer is a great way for me not to waste it. I also keep some of my cheeses like cheddar, Parmesan, Gruyère in the freezer (not longer than a month). It gives me a good feeling, that whenever I crave some carby food, I can just rely on my freezer and my pantry. It’s something that I learned when was living at my parents’ house and to me it’s a comfortable thought.
>>Into more cheese and mushroom combinations? Then check out my Grilled Brie Toast w/ Garlicky Mushrooms!
Truffle Grilled Cheese
- Prep: 5 min
- Total: 10 min
- 2 slices of sourdough or white bread
- 3 chestnut mushroom (lightly sautéed in a pan with some olive oil and seasoned with a pinch of garlic powder and salt & pepper)
- 1 or two slices of a mature cheese (Oude of Jonge Kaas)
- handful of Gruyère cheese
- 1 tbsp Truffle Tapenade (from Urbani) or slices of Truffle
- olive oil/butter
- non-stick pan
- Brush both sides of the top of your sourdough with olive oil or butter. Then lay it on a plate.
- Top one slice with ripened cheese and half of the Gruyère cheese. Then place the sautéed mushrooms on top and add the remaining Gruyère cheese on the other slice of bread.
- Then place both slices of bread in the pan and let the cheese melt and bread toast. You can place a lid on top and lower the heat too. This takes about 3-5 minutes.
- When the cheese is melted add the slice with Gruyère cheese on top of the mushrooms and press it a little bit. Then remove the grilled cheese from the pan and slice it through the middle. Eat immediately and don’t burn your mouth!
- You can also add the ingredients in between two tortilla sheets and have a Truffle Quesedilla! Who is so fancy now ;-)
If you make my recipes, please tag me in them and use #thespicedchickpearecipes. I'd love to see what you've made.