Truffle Grilled Cheese
When I bought (non spon) the Truffle Tapenade from Urbani at the supermarket, I wanted to use it in a pasta dish. Actually, I wanted to make Ravioli, which I’ll probably do soon as well. But I was also craving something cheesy and didn’t felt like slaving in the kitchen. So, as I was staring at that Truffle Tapenade, I thought to myself, why not go with the flow and make yourself a grilled cheese first! And that’s what I did. Also, if you’re like me and living on your own and don’t feel like getting groceries all the time, do keep a little stash of your faves in the freezer
For example, whenever I buy some sourdough bread, I stash a few slices in my freezer because I can never finish it. Plus, I don’t like to eat bread after two days (I know, call me weird…) so keeping it in the freezer is a great way for me not to waste it. I also keep some of my cheeses like cheddar, Parmesan, Gruyère in the freezer (not longer than a month). It gives me a good feeling, that whenever I crave some carby food, I can just rely on my freezer and my pantry. It’s something that I learned when was living at my parents’ house and to me it’s a comfortable thought.
>>Into more cheese and mushroom combinations? Then check out my Grilled Brie Toast w/ Garlicky Mushrooms!
Truffle Grilled Cheese
- Prep: 5 min
- Total: 10 min
- 2 slices of sourdough or white bread
- 3 chestnut mushroom (lightly sautéed in a pan with some olive oil and seasoned with a pinch of garlic powder and salt & pepper)
- 1 or two slices of a mature cheese (Oude of Jonge Kaas)
- handful of Gruyère cheese
- 1 tbsp Truffle Tapenade (from Urbani) or slices of Truffle
- olive oil/butter
- non-stick pan
- Brush both sides of the top of your sourdough with olive oil or butter. Then lay it on a plate.
- Top one slice of bread with a layer of truffle tapenade, mature cheese and Gruyère. Add the remaining Gruyère cheese on the other slice of bread and top it with the sautéed mushrooms.
- Then place both slices of bread in the pan and let the cheese melt and toast your bread. You can place a lid on top and lower the heat too. This takes about 3-5 minutes.
- When the cheese is melted combine both slices and press it a little bit. Then remove the grilled cheese from the pan and slice it through the middle. Eat immediately and don’t burn your mouth!
- You can also add the ingredients in between two tortilla sheets and have a Truffle Quesedilla! Who is so fancy now ;-)
If you make my recipes, please tag me in them and use #thespicedchickpearecipes. I'd love to see what you've made.