In need for more eggcellent inspiration! Then try out my comforting Egg Drop Soup for the Soul or savoury Turkish Eggs on Toast, luxurious Truffle Egg Salad or spiced Garam Masala Toast!
- Prep: 10 min
- Total: 35 min
NOTE: This Tortilla serves about 2-3 persons.
- 4 large eggs
- 3 small potatoes (peeled and cut into thin slices)
- 1 white onion (cut into slices)
- 1 spring onion (cut into slices)
- 1 tsp garlic powder / 2 freshly grated garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Pimenton
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste / chicken stock cube
- In a non-stick pan add the olive oil and cook the onions om medium heat for about 5-10 minutes until they are caramelized.
- Then add the sliced potatoes and stir well for about 5 minutes. After 5 minutes cover the pan with a lid and cook the potatoes on a low heat for about 15-20 minutes.
- In the meantime crack the eggs in a bowl and season with garlic powder, Pimenton, chili powder and salt & pepper or a chicken stock cube. Also add the spring onion. Mix well.
- After 15-20 minutes add the potatoes and onions to the eggs and stir carefully. Transfer the mixture to the pan and cook the tortilla for another 15-20 minutes on a low heat. Turn it over after 10 minutes by sliding it on a plate. Then put the pan on top of the plate and turn it over to cook it further.
- When the tortilla is done serve with aioli, bread and a salad. I love to eat mine with a generous smear of aioli and some pickled gherkins and marinates olives
NOTE: My Tortilla isn't as thick as the authentic Spanish version, because I like to eat mine with bread as well. If you want a thicker tortilla use a smaller pan. Mine pan was about 24 cm / 9 inch.
- Prepare this Tortilla the night before and heat it up in a pan/oven. It’s also delicious cold.
- Serve with homemade or store-bought aioli.
- Use a smaller pan to create a thick and authentic Spanish Torttilla.
If you make my recipes please tag me in them and use #thespicedchickpearecipes. I'd love to see what you've made!