If you’re getting tired of those meaty burgers, then it’s time for this gamechanger seafood burger! Made with seasoned shrimp, coated in Panko breadcrumbs and topped with a delicious homemade Tartar Sauce.
>>Feelin’ Shrimpy? Check these recipes too! Thai Yellow Curry Fried Shrimp w/ Panko Coconut Crumb, Gambas al Ajillo (Shrimp in Garlic Oil) and Yellow Curry Risotto w/ Chili Shrimp.
- Prep: 10 min
- Total: 25 min
NOTE: this recipe makes one shrimp burger!
- 8 shrimp (cut into pieces)
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp Pimenton
- 1 ½ tbsp flour
- salt & peper to taste
- 1 burger bun (I had the delux burger bun from Albert Heijn)
- a bit of lettuce (finely, chopped)
- 1 slice of American cheese or cheddar
For the coating of the Shrimp Burger
- ⅛ cup flour
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 or 2 tbsps of a neutral oil for frying
For the Tartar Sauce:
- half of a small shallot or ¼ of a big shallot (finely, chopped)
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise (I used Hellmann’s)
- ½ tsp mustard
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- 2 cornichons (tiny pickles)
- 1 tbsp pickle juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cut the shrimp into small pieces and add the spices, the flour and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Form a burger and coat it with a beaten egg and Panko breadcrumbs. Repeat this process once more to get a firm burger.
- Add oil to a non-stick pan and cook the shrimp burger on medium heat. This will take 3-4 minutes on each side. Chill for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- While your Shrimp Burger is cooking, prepare your Tartar Sauce. Finely chop your shallot and cornichons. Then place them in a bowl, followed by the rest of the ingredients. Mix well and taste for seasoning.
- When your Shrimp Burger is done chilling, assemble your burger. Toast the buns. Place a slice of cheese on the bottom side of the bun, add your burger, your lettuce and a dollop of Tartar sauce. Enjoy!
If you make my recipes, please tag me in them and use #thespicedchickpearecipes. I'd love to see what you've made.