Salt & Pepper Lamb Ribs
I’m so in love with this dish you guys! By now you must know that I have a weakness for all things fried and these fried babies make my heart swoon even more. They do take a bit of preparation but trust me it’s worth the wait and you’ll keep on eating this over and over again ;-)
Now, the original recipe from chinasichuanfood.com is made with salt & pepper only, which is AMAZING! But I also enjoyed with my Asian spice mix (five spice, garlic, chili, Szechuan powder and more) which I made for my Gua Bao w/ Crispy Taiwanese Chicken- another winner dinner on my website! Make them soon and let me know how it was <3
Salt & Pepper Lamb Ribs
- Prep: 30 min (including 4 hours/overnight marinating time)
- Total: 1 hour
- 6 lamb ribs cut into 3 pieces each
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (low sodium)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp corn starch
- ½ tsp salt
- pepper to taste
For the coating:
- 1 egg (beaten)
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 1 ½ cup of oil for frying
For the final seasoning:
- 2 garlic cloves (finely sliced)
- ½ tbsp neutral oil
- 1 green onion (finely chopped)
- 1 fresh red chili (finely sliced)
- salt & pepper to taste or my spice mix (five spice, garlic, chili, Szechuan powder and more)
- White/fried rice, extra spice mix and chili oil!
This recipe is adapted from chinasichuanfood.com
- Cut the lamb ribs in pieces of 3 and wash them with water and some vinegar. Drain completely and pat dry with some kitchen towel paper.
- Then add all the marinating ingredients (soy sauce (low sodium), garlic powder, corn starch, salt and pepper to taste). Let this marinate for 4 hours or overnight in the fridge.
- After marinating time, dip the pieces in egg and coat it with tapioca flour. Let this sit for 30 minutes. The tapioca flour will dry and create a crispy outer shell.
- If you want to season the fried pieces of lamb ribs with my Asian Spice Mix (see ingredients) then now is the time to make it ;-)
- Fry the lamb ribs pieces over medium heat and let them cook for 6-8 minutes. Do fry in batches of 2 or 3 to make sure the lamb is cooked and let the cooked pieces drain on kitchen towel paper. It’s also best to season the fried lamb ribs immediately with salt & pepper or my Asian Spice Mix.
- When all the lamb ribs are fried then prepare the final seasoning and add oil to a pan. When the oil is hot fry the garlic, chili and spring onion for a few minutes. Toss the lamb ribs back in the pan until evenly coated and serve immediately. Add some extra spice mix, your fave rice, some chili oil and a salad if you want. But when it comes to meat and rice, there’s no green game on my plate ;-) Enjoy!
- You can also try this method with fish, beef or chicken just make sure you adjust the cooking time.
If you make my recipes, please tag me in them and use #thespicedchickpearecipes. I'd love to see what you've made!