These Pumpkin Tortillas are another great fall treat and stunner at your table. The gorgeous orange colour is 100% natural and made with my Roasted Pumpkin chunks. The tortillas are also yeast-free and made with only two ingredients. For this recipe you can also use your own pumpkin puree or even sweet potato puree. Whichever puree you use, it’s a foolproof recipe and you will enjoy either way!
- Prep: 10 min
- Total: 25 min
- ¾ cup smashed of my Roasted Pumpkin (I smashed it with a fork for a finer puree use a sieve, food processor or blender and don’t add any water or oil!) or Pumkin Puree
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- In a bowl knead the smashed Roasted Pumpkin with the all-purpose flour until it forms a dough ball (don’t add any water or oil).
- When the dough ball is formed. Knead for another few minutes until you have a soft dough. Roll this into a log and cut it into six pieces.
- Place some all-purpose flour on your working surface and flatten each piece. Roll it out with a rolling pin until you have a round tortilla. Continue with the rest. They don’t have to be perfectly round.
- Cook the tortilla in a non-stick pan on medium heat. There is no need to use any oil or butter but feel free to use it if you prefer a glossy tortilla. When the tortilla is getting bubbly you can flip it over. It takes about takes 2 minutes on each side to cook.
- Fill the tortilla with my Roasted Pumpkin and use all the ingredients. Smear the roasted garlic on the tortilla, layer it with pumpkin pieces, avocado slices and roasted onion. Finish it off with feta, fresh parsley/coriander and a tahini/yoghurt sauce (optional). You can even add the pumpkin seeds (roast these along with the Pumpkin chunks).
If you make my recipes please tag me in them and use #thespicedchickpearecipes. I'd love to see what you've made!