This heart shaped Tamagoyaki is inspired by the many recipes and photos that I saw on Pinterest. It’s also one of my most cheesy photos, but I guess it’s legit this time of the year. Will you make it too?
>>Getting the hang of making Tamagoyaki? Then check out this Smoked Salmon & Herb Tamagoyaki too!
- Prep: 5 min
- Total: 10 min
- 3 eggs (free-range)
- ¼ cup spring onions (chopped)
- ¼ cup carrots (finely chopped in cubes)
- ¼ cup (vegan) sausages (finely chopped in cubes)
- a pinch of sugar (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- a Tamagoyaki/round non-stick pan
- about 2 tbsp oil
- chili mayo (2 tbsp mayo + 1 tbsp chili sauce) / soy sauce
- Cut your spring onions, carrots and sausages. Add them to a bowl. Then add 3 eggs and mix well with a fork or whisk.
- Add oil to a non-stick pan (I’ve used Tamagoyaki pan but a round pan will do the job too!) Heat up 1 tbsp of oil. Add ¼ of the egg mixture and spread it out. When the egg is nearly done, roll the egg towards the bottom side and move the rolled egg to the top side. Repeat this process (of adding oil and egg) until the Tamagoyaki becomes thicker and egg mixture is finished.
NOTE: Check out my step-by-step instructions over HERE.
- Shape your Tamagoyaki with two flat spoons (you can do this in the pan) or place it in a bamboo (sushi) mat and shape it (round/rectangular). Let it sit for a few minutes before you cut it.
NOTE: If you shape the Tamagoyaki in bamboo mat first, you’ll get a rounder heart shape. Mine is more graphic because I skipped this process.
- Then cut the Tamagoyaki into four pieces and cut each piece on an angle. Reposition the halves to make a cute heart. Serve with chili mayo or soy sauce and enjoy!
- If you’re a vegetarian you can substitute the sausages for a vegan variety or leave it out.
If you make my recipes please tag me in them and use #thespicedchickpearecipes. I'd love to see what you've made!