Creamy Salmon Pasta
The first time I had this Creamy Salmon Pasta was at Vapiano’s in the Hague. They call it Salmon Carbonara there, but I don’t want to offend any Italians on my blog ;-) So, hence I’ve baptized it Creamy Salmon Pasta. What I most love about this dish, is the saltiness of the smoked salmon combined with the creamy Parmesan cheese sauce. Which becomes even more rich and silky through the egg yolks.
It’s a rich dish and even I can’t have two plates of it in a row, but boy it’s GOOD! Give it a go and I hope you fall in love with it too!
>>Need to more creamy pasta recipes? Try my Creamy Spinach Pasta w/ Garlic & Burrata it's the best way to eat spinach leaves ;-)
Creamy Salmon Pasta
- Prep: 15 min
- Total: 30 min
NOTE: This recipe is good for 3-4 persons.
- 250 gr of cooked linguine pasta
- 2 pieces of hot smoked salmon
- 200 ml cream
- ¼ cup pasta water
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 or ½ of a chili pepper (optional)
- ½ half of a white onion (finely chopped)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese + extra for sprinkling
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- handful of chopped parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions (reserve ½ cup of pasta water) and set this aside.
- While your pasta is cooking, finely cut your onions, garlic and chili.
- Then prepare the sauce and mix the cream, egg yolks, Parmesan cheese together in a bowl.
- Place a non-stick pan on medium heat. Add olive, onion, garlic, and chili pepper to the pan. Let this cook for a few minutes. Then add your pieces of salmon and try to be gentle when stirring around.
- After 2-3 minutes you can add your cream mixture. Stir on medium heat until the sauce thickens before you add your pasta. Mix well and if your sauce is too thick you can add some of reserved pasta water. Garnish with the chopped parsley, extra cheese and chili pepper (optional). Enjoy!
- Add spinach leaves or peas.
- Add smoked chicken for a meaty version.
If you make my recipes please tag me in them and use #thespicedchickpearecipes. I'd love to see what you've made!