>>Into a savoury waffle? May I suggest my Mozarella Waffles (Chaffles, Gluten-Free). It’s made with 3 ingredients only!
- Prep: 5 min
- Total: 30 min
NOTE: this recipes makes 4-6 waffles.
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg (medium size)
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence or sugar
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar (fine)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil / butter (melted)
- pinch of salt
- waffle iron
For the cinnamon sugar:
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 4 tbsp white sugar (fine)
- chocolate sauce (mine was from Hero)
- Add your dry ingredients (flour, baking + cinnamon powder, sugar + salt) to a bowl; and mix well. In another bowl mix your wet ingredients (buttermilk, egg, vanilla essence and oil) add these to the bowl of dry ingredients and mix well again until the batter is lump free. Let it sit for 5 minutes and preheat your waffle maker iron.
- Cook the Churros Waffles according to your waffle iron's directions. I like to make smaller waffles normally, but for the photo I filled them up.
- While the waffles are waffling (cooking), make your cinnamon sugar and sprinkle that over them while they are hot.
N.B: you can also melt some butter and glaze them first before sprinkling the sugar.
- Serve with chocolate sauce and whip cream (optional) and enjoy!
- Want a regular waffle? Then leave out the cinnamon and pop in chocolate chips, fruit (dried or fresh), caramels or anything you like.
If you make my recipes, please tag me in them and use #thespicedchickpearecipes. I'd love to see what you've made!